My Instagram Gallery of Photographs
Instagram is a photo filter set and sharing app that has the magical ability to reduce the insipidness of your average iPhone photo. Here is a gallery of my recent instagrams.
If you have this app installed and would like to see more of my photos, my Instagram username is “imagepixie”. You can find friends on Instagram by clicking on the “Profile” button on the bottom menu bar within the app, click on “Find friends” and then “Search names and usernames” or add imagepixie via followgram here.
My iPhone is still the 3GS (I tend not to upgrade my hardware very often). As this version lacks flash and I tend to find myself in dimly lit situations, I rely on a variety of inexpensive photography apps and filter sets. Here they are, in no particular order:
- Instagram, an easy to use photo sharing app that contains an assortment of effect filters. It does crop your photos into squares, but this isn’t such a bad thing, just take that into consideration if you are composing specifically for Instagram. You can like and follow other Instagram users (my name is “imagepixie”, hint hint).
- FX Photo Studio for iPhone by MacPhun, with it’s 194 assorted filters, is fast becoming my new go-to photo filter set. What I like the most about this app is the masking ability–you can “paint” with filters to create some interesting combinations.
- pixfx by Active Development has 36 effects and frames and 13 styles, including some nice grungy textures and a cosmic trio of space filters. It does force you to crop your photos into squares (which is what Instagram does t00).
- PicFrame, also by Active Development, provides you with several frame configurations to create photo montages.
- RetroCamera by CLBLITZ Ubiquitous Communications Inc. I’ve had the free version for a while, I think I’ll upgrade to the full version and report back later.
Backing up those Instagram Photos